I should preface this recipe by telling all of you that I think campfire s'mores suck. I do not like burned marshmallows, I think that my chocolate bars should be consumed in a polite fashion and I love graham crackers. Why mess with individual perfection?
On the other hand, if you present one of these treats to me I will embarrass myself trying to snarf down these little bars 'o heaven. My love affair with indoor s'mores goes back to college when the Caf would take the stale Golden Grahams cereal from the bins in the breakfast area and make industrial sheet pans of these bad boys. But when I think of indoor s'mores, I think of my friend Rhonda that I met in Manitowoc. She is one of those people who make cooking look effortless and she would make these bars for my friends and I. Only when I was making these myself, did I realize what a pain in the ass these bars truly are. So thank you Rhonda for making these whenever we requested them - you are the bomb.
* 4 cups honey graham cereal
* 3 tablespoons butter
* 6 cups miniature marshmallows
* 1/4 cup light corn syrup
* 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
1. Coat a 9x13 inch dish with cooking spray. Place cereal into a large bowl; set aside.
2. In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt margarine. Add marshmallows and corn syrup and stir until melted and smooth. Stir in chocolate chips until melted. Remove from heat and pour over waiting cereal; stir well to coat. Press into prepared pan. Cool completely before cutting into squares.