Pages

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Peanut Butter Cup Cookies

One of the weirdest compliments I've ever received about my cooking (other than the "wow, this looks terrible but sure tastes good" one) was when one of my former co-workers told me that I was unabashedly un-humble about my baking skills but that she understood why I raved about my own work.

Although I'd like to chalk up the fabulousness of this recipe to my mad skills, I have to give tons of credit to the creators at Picky Palate and Sinful Southern Sweets for making and blogging about this cookie.  Chopped peanut butter cups added to peanut butter cookie batter - how could that be wrong?  Unless you have a peanut allergy, but barring that - this cookie is ... well, words fail me.  Just trust me and bake these.

"C is for Cookie ... that's good enough for me ..."
Peanut Butter Cup Cookies

2 sticks softened unsalted butter
1 C. packed brown sugar
1 C. granulated sugar
3 T. corn syrup
1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
2 lg. eggs, plus one egg white
1 T. pure vanilla extract
3 1/2 C. all purpose flour
1 1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
 
5 pkgs of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, chopped

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  In a stand or electric mixer beat the butter, sugars, peanut butter and corn syrup until well combined.  Beat in eggs and vanilla until well combined.
 
In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking soda and salt.  Slowly add to wet ingredients along with the chopped Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.  Mix only until just combined.  Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop dough onto a silpat or parchment lined baking sheet.  Bake for 9-11 minutes until just turning golden around edges.  Let cookies cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.

No comments: