Pages

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Guest Post: Bubble Pizza

My friend Deb and I go back to fifth-grade when she moved into our school district and was the "new girl" in school.  So we knew each other throughout junior high and high school, but it was the summer after our graduation that we really became close and we've remained close throughout college and throughout our lives after school.  Deb is that friend who I email to ask random marriage advice ("What should I do when my husband changes the radio station in my car without asking me first and he pisses me off?" "Do I really need to trade in my car to get a more family-friendly vehicle?")  Deb's never afraid to tell me when I'm being an absolute idiot (see emailed questions above) and her advice is usually spot-on and stellar.  Plus, she's a brilliant mom and a loving wife with two equally brilliant kids and a crazy addiction to all things Pearl Jam.  That makes her even cooler in my book.

Deb's shared an old family favorite for today's guest post.  And this is making me salivate - it's simple, easy, and kid-friendly. 




Bubble Pizza
from Deb

1 lb ground beef
2 tubes buttermilk biscuits (I think generic works best)
1 C cheddar cheese
1 C Mozzerella cheese (I use the 'pizza' cheese mix...if you really like cheese you can use more.)
1 can (16 oz) pizza sauce

Brown ground beef, drain.  Quarter the biscuits; mix with ground beef and pizza sauce.  Put into a 9x13 pan.  Bake at 400 for 20 minutes.  Remove from oven and top with cheeses.  Bake for 8-10 minutes more.  Let stand 10 minutes before serving.

This is an OLD favorite for our family and gives us 2 meals for about $8.00.  You can also experiment with adding things like mushrooms, peppers, etc.  I haven't met anyone who didn't like this - especially kids!

2 comments:

Deb said...

Guess what we had for supper last night...and leftovers tonight? :)

Jeff said...

nice! I love pizza and some days (read most) I lack the motivation to spend hours wait for dough to rise and being frustrated.