Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Whiskey Pretzels

I got this recipe from my beloved coworker Cindy.  This is one of those recipes that is unbelievably simple and incredibly tasty.  And it makes me a big hit at parties. 



Whiskey Pretzels

2 Bags of Pretzel Rods
1 Stick Butter
3 T Whiskey
Heaping T of Brown Sugar
1/2 t. of Cayenne Pepper
1 t. Garlic Powder

Preheat oven to 250 degrees.  In a medium saucepan, melt butter and add whiskey, brown sugar, pepper and garlic powder.  Stir until well combined.  If using pretzel rods, place pretzels flat on jelly roll pan.  (Cindy uses two -- one fits one bag).  Drizzle melted ingredients & roll the pretzel rods to coat.   Bake 20 minutes.  Leave on pan to cool.  Store in an airtight container.  

At this point, I've made this recipe with pretzel rods and with mini twists (as seen above.)  I really like the mini twists better, because they are better for dipping.  In that case, I use the mini twists (two bags) and make the recipe in my roasting pan. 

This is really good dipped in a mustard dip.  Or it's excellent plain.

7 comments:

Elle said...

Oh my gosh, what a great idea! Must try, especially for a Super Bowl snack!

Deb said...

Yummy...yummy...yummy! These are great!

Julie_M said...

Superbowl fare, anyone? My husband asked what I was making for the party (mind you, he is making smoked salmon dip, buffalo bluegills, and more). I said, "Um, guacamole?" And now I will say, "And whiskey pretzels!"

tamilyn said...

Sounds yummy, and great for party :)

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to know what size bags of pretzels?

Anonymous said...

They are yummy! There is a person who comes into the private club I belong to who sells them for a friend that makes them..they have plain (whisky), Apple Pie and another I think called 'Mardi Gras' - seems like a mixed spice of sorts - cinnamon based. I can't wait to make my own - and will use twists!

Anonymous said...

very yummy. i add some extra stuff like crunchy sesame sticks, pumpkin seeds and almonds.