Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A quick lunch


I have been on vacation this week and am readying myself to start my new job at home.  This involves setting up a home office, getting rid of excess STUFF (how does one accumulate so much stuff?), watching "The Tudors" on Netflix while doing "important" things like going through my email and writing blog posts and getting my house cleaned up before next week's start date.  Because as much as I am a messy marvin, I know that having a messy house will drive me mad if I'm here to witness it.

In interest of trying to eat healthy and because it's just really damn tasty, the above-pictured dish has become a "go-to" in my house.  I was introduced to soba noodles when a friend of ours had my husband and I over for dinner.  Ever since then I have been slightly obsessed with them.  I feel slightly virtuous when I eat them because they allow me my noodle fix, but are buckwheat = healthy. 

There really is no recipe to this, but this is what I've been making and eating lately ...

Soba noodles (cook according to directions on package)

Pan-fried green beans with garlic - trim and cut green beans into bite-sized pieces.  In a large skillet, heat some olive oil and add a clove of garlic, roughly chopped.  Add green beans and saute. 

To this, I add a package of tuna - but you can also add any leftover meat you see fit - or omit altogether. 

When the noodles are done, drain and add to the skillet.  Toss with a little bit of dark sesame oil.

1 comment:

Karen said...

You're working from home now? Same job as before or new? Good luck!!