Pages

Monday, March 30, 2009

A little bit more than haiku


OK ... so my post about the Daily Soup cookbook? Yeah - it was supposed to be a little bit more than the notes that I jotted to myself when I was considering said post. Imagine my surprise when the bastard published. Sigh.

Anyway - I found "The Daily Soup" by Leslie Kaul, Bob Spiegel, Peter Siegel, Carla Ruben and Robin Vitetta-Miller in the bargain books section of Barnes & Noble one night when Ryan and I were out. Because I was on a soup kick at the time and a quick glance at the recipes showed me that I was getting a lot of bang for eight bucks, I went ahead and bought it. And man do I love it. The book is divided into sections - i.e. - bean soups, cream-based soups, stocks, tomato, potato, etc. If a recipe has meat in it, the side notes indicate what steps a person can take to make it vegetarian.

This book was awesome - I'll be sharing a recipe for their Roasted Garlic Soup in the near future. There's something to be said about a soup recipe that calls for a head of roasted garlic. And that is ... HEAVENLY!

1 comment:

Dragon said...

I can't wait until the garlic soup recipe. Yum! Thanks for sharing this book with us.