Pages

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Muddy Buddies


My co-workers and I at the cab company have a weird relationship with each others' food ... namely that if someone brings something to the company, chances are everyone will eat it at some point of another. Case in point - Cheryl's taco salad. That was a Tuesday or a Thursday night and it was basically untouched, sitting on the corner of her desk. So she offered it to Jessica, who took a couple bites and then handed it to me. Another Tuesday, it was gummi bears. It's a very weird phenomenon.

Anyway - I feel like I take more than I actually give, so when Jessica said she wanted Muddy Buddies the other day, I figured that I'd look that up and whip up a batch for her. Of course, Muddy Buddies are what I grew up eating when it was called Puppy Chow. I have no clue where they get these names, but with semisweet chocolate, peanut butter and powdered sugar, they should just be called crack-filled heaven.

PS - I suck at making muddy buddies - they still taste OK though ...

Here's the recipe I got from AllRecipes.com

I
NGREDIENTS
  • 9 cups crispy rice cereal squares
  • 1 cup peanut butter
  • 2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
DIRECTIONS
  1. In a saucepan over low heat, melt the chocolate; add peanut butter and mix until smooth.
  2. Remove from heat, add cereal and stir until coated.
  3. Pour powdered sugar into large plastic bag, add coated cereal and shake until well coated. Store in airtight container.

No comments: