My co-workers and I at the cab company have a weird relationship with each others' food ... namely that if someone brings something to the company, chances are everyone will eat it at some point of another. Case in point - Cheryl's taco salad. That was a Tuesday or a Thursday night and it was basically untouched, sitting on the corner of her desk. So she offered it to Jessica, who took a couple bites and then handed it to me. Another Tuesday, it was gummi bears. It's a very weird phenomenon.
Anyway - I feel like I take more than I actually give, so when Jessica said she wanted Muddy Buddies the other day, I figured that I'd look that up and whip up a batch for her. Of course, Muddy Buddies are what I grew up eating when it was called Puppy Chow. I have no clue where they get these names, but with semisweet chocolate, peanut butter and powdered sugar, they should just be called crack-filled heaven.
PS - I suck at making muddy buddies - they still taste OK though ...
Here's the recipe I got from AllRecipes.com
- 9 cups crispy rice cereal squares
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt the chocolate; add peanut butter and mix until smooth.
- Remove from heat, add cereal and stir until coated.
- Pour powdered sugar into large plastic bag, add coated cereal and shake until well coated. Store in airtight container.