Pages

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Mama Casserole


First disclaimer: This recipe was created by a woman who hates mushrooms. But she loves this casserole.

Second disclaimer: It's easier than hell, tastier than imaginable and can't be good for you whatsoever (and I even substituted ground turkey ...)

And finally: I love this recipe because it reminds me of my mama - hence I call it Mama Casserole. This is a homely casserole that is good for rainy days or watching crappy romantic comedies.

Mama Casserole
by Mama Sharon

1 lb. ground meat (mom uses ground beef, I use turkey)
1/2 bag frozen tater tots
2 cans Campbell's Golden Mushroom soup

Heat oven to 400 degrees. In a casserole (I used my beautiful square Paula Deen one ... I have no clue what size it is - 9 x9?) pat down the ground meat to a thin layer. Cover with a single layer of tots and spoon soup over the tots. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes to an hour.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

This is too funny and I can imagine how comforting and yummy it is! This is 60"s cooking at its best, just what we loved when I was growing up - and better than when mom cooked from scratch those old family recipes!

Dragon said...

Anything that good can't be good for you. ;)