Pages

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Giada's White Bean Dip


Oh Giada - how do I love thee? Well, I adore you for creating such an easy recipe that made me look like a rock star at a recent party that I attended. And also - thank you for not being a snob about using canned beans. Oh yes, I know the joys of cooking my own garbanzos, pintos and black beans, but sometimes a girl just doesn't have the patience to cook beans or has forgot to let them soak overnight.

Blessed is your name, Giada. Even if you drive my husband up the wall.

White Bean Dip
by Giada DeLaurentiis

* 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
* 2 cloves garlic
* 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
* 1/3 cup olive oil, plus 4 tablespoons
* 1/4 cup (loosely packed) fresh Italian parsley leaves
* Salt
* Freshly ground black pepper

Directions

Place the beans, garlic, lemon juice, 1/3 cup olive oil, and parsley in the work bowl of a food processor. Pulse until the mixture is coarsely chopped. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Transfer the bean puree to a small bowl.

**Note - the original recipe calls to make toasted pita triangle to serve along with this dip. I said "screw making my own pita triangles" and served the dip with a mix of crackers - the ones shown are the bagel chips by Gardettos ... killer!

Another note - when I made this for the party, I ended up doubling the recipe. And lo and behold, I ran out of olive oil so I only made it with the 1/3 cup of olive oil and this was still fabulous. I'd recommend cutting the oil in half in this recipe.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like Giada, too - and raw beans? Who's got the time!

Angry Asian said...

i agree, she does have an appeal to her. alot of my friends think she's a bobble head. i do wonder why she doesn't get flack for taking short cuts a la sandra lee and rachael ray...

thrillhouse said...

I get tired of hearing "mootzarella". Pick an accent and stick with it!

Anonymous said...

This sounds marvelous, and I have everything in the pantry! I've got to give it a go!