My only complaint about this soup is that it didn't make nearly enough ... I could have ate the leftovers for days.
File this under: Looks questionable, tastes amazing
adapted from Rachael Ray
* 2/3 pound kielbasa, sliced (I used turkey kielbasa)
* 1/2 red onion, chopped
* 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
* 1 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar (Don't have - I subbed champagne vinegar ... weird, I know)
* 4 cups chicken broth
* 1 1/2 pounds red potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (again - didn't have, so I used Yukon Gold)
* 2 1/2 c. shredded cabbage
* 3 large carrots, grated or chopped finely **
* Salt and pepper
**For the cabbage and carrot portion of this soup, Rachael used bagged coleslaw mix. Great idea, but I had cabbage and carrots on hand and wanted to use them up before they turned into a science experiment.
Directions: In a large pot, cook the kielbasa and onion over medium heat until the onion is tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in the mustard and vinegar, then add the chicken broth, potatoes and coleslaw mix; season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer until the potatoes are tender, 15 to 20 minutes.