Pages

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Oatmeal PB Cinnamon Chip Cookies


On the night before Valentine's Day, there were a group of women in my town who had been abandoned by our husbands so that they could go to New Ulm and drink copious amounts of beer at the Schell Brewery Bock Fest.

*Sniff* I was one of those *sniff* wives.  (I can just hear my husband faux-coughing at his computer as I write this:  "Mexico!") And true ... the majority of the women I was abandoned with had been part of January's three-day cruise weekend - so if you really look at it, we spent three days in the sunshine.  Our husbands spent one morning and afternoon drinking beer in 30 degree weather.

I'll stop complaining now.

Anyway - I wanted to treat my friends to some mini cheesecake bites that I had found over at Smitten Kitchen, but I realized at 1 p.m. that they needed six hours to chill in the fridge.  Dinner with my friends was at 5:30 p.m. and I was scheduled to work until 2 p.m.  You do the math ... So when I got home, I whipped together a cookie recipe that I found over at Evil Shenanigans.  For those of you who are regulars here, you'll remember the Spiced Cake with Brown Butter Frosting.  I still have friends who mention that reverently ...

Anyway - this is an old family recipe from Evil Shenanigans and the only alteration I made was to replace the semi-sweet chocolate chips with Hershey's cinnamon chips.  And man - my friends are lucky that there were any left ...

3 comments:

Angry Asian said...

i say what i a lovely way to spend Vday. and that you came bearing sweets? even lovelier.

Fried Wontons For You said...

The husbands might have beer but the wives got cookies. I'll take cookies anytime. :)

Jeff and Carey Huebert said...

And they were very yummy cookies!!! Thank you for sharing. Pretzels were good, too.