Pages

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Ina!

Anyone who has spent a modicum of time on this blog know that I absolutely adore Ina Garten.  So when she announced a book tour to support her latest cookbook "How Easy is That?" I admit that I was disappointed that the closest she was coming to Minnesota was a stop in Skokie, Illinois.  Then I put in a request for some time off. 

Here's the line up at the Barnes & Noble in Skokie, Illinois.  Folks started lining up at 8 a.m. for a noon book signing.

Ina!  And a very red-faced me.  And a slightly blurry Ina - I can only assume that the person who was taking this picture had shaky hands like I did.
So what was Ina like? She was incredibly gracious and friendly.  I don't know what I said to her, but I tried really hard to not come off like an idiot fan girl (and I might have failed.  But I'm OK with that.)

Some of the highlights of this trip (other than meeting Ina, of course), were the two ladies that I stood in line with.  They were incredibly friendly and made the wait fly by.  I also got to spend the evening with my cousin Kelly and her new one-month-old baby Owen.  Thank you guys for your hospitality!

3 comments:

Jenn C said...

Oh my goodness! I had no idea she was on a book tour. I'm very jealous!

Brian and Kristen said...

Hiya Shelley! You made the wait in line so enjoyable--and no matter what you say, I think we were her most "chill" fans. You probably even more so than I because I didn't even remember to turn to the camera for my photo-op.
I've been in an Ina Recipe Cooking Frenzy since our encounter, so all I can say is yum! yum! yum!
Glad you got home safely.
Kristen

Shelley Kubitz Mahannah said...

Kristen - it was so great meeting you too! I hope you had a happy birthday!