My dentist told me about these bad boys when she was filling my latest cavity (irony? I think so) and they sounded so disgustingly good I decided to find them on the Internet. And found them I did at Recipezaar.com.
Verdict: These are pretty damn easy to make. I will make them again, I have not, however, tried one because I'm afraid of the addiction it might cause.
- 1 package regular size Oreo cookies, crushed
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 package white almond bark
- 1 package chocolate almond bark
- Using a blender or hand held mixer, mix Oreos and cream cheese together. (I used my food processor. Trust me. Dust it off. It works awesomely.)
- Roll into walnut size balls.
- Chill for an hour.
- Melt approximately 3/4 package of white almond bark.
- Stick a toothpick in an Oreo ball and dip it in the melted white almond bark. (Did not have toothpick so used skewer from my grill set that I bought last year after Christmas. It worked awesomely.)
- Allow to harden on wax paper. This takes about 15 min.
- While waiting, melt about 1/4 package of chocolate almond bark.
- When Oreo balls are no longer sticky to the touch, decorate with drizzles of chocolate and white almond bark.
- I just use a sandwich bag with a tiny hole cut in one corner to drizzle the almond bark. (I accomplished this with a spoon.)