Pages

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Blueberry Lime Margaritas

No long weekend is complete without some form of libations. For Memorial Day weekend, I decided to try my hand at these Blueberry Lime Margaritas that I found on FoodNetwork.com.


One word: Fabulous. Another word: Try. Ok two - Try it!

Blueberry Lime Margaritas
from FoodNetwork.com


Ingredients

2 cups ice
1 cup frozen blueberries
1 cup blueberry nectar (**I used blueberry juice. Found it in the organic section.)
1/4 cup seltzer (**I used ginger ale.)
2 tablespoons frozen limeade
1 tablespoon lime juice
3 ounces tequila, optional (**oh yes, I definitely used this.)
1 lime wedge
Coarse salt

Directions

Combine ice, blueberries, blueberry nectar, seltzer, limeade, lime juice and tequila, if using, in a blender and blend until smooth. Rub rim of 2 glasses with lime wedge and dip in salt. Divide the margarita between the prepared glasses and serve.


Drink me.

No comments: