Pages

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Easy-schmeasy Cherry Cheese Pie


This is another creation of my mother's, although she always gives me credit for it. Maybe it's because this recipe is so simple that even I cannot screw it up (that happened a lot when I was younger, trust me). It's a good pie for darn near any occasion.

Cherry Cheese Pie

1 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
1/3 c. lemon juice
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 9-inch prepared graham cracker crust
1 can cherry pie filling (you could use whatever kind trips your fancy)

Mix the cream cheese, condensed milk, lemon juice and vanilla in a large mixing bowl until smooth, pour into crust. Chill until set (that's usually 3 or 4 hours). Prior to serving, top with pie filling. Let people think you slaved over this dessert.

No comments: