Pages

Thursday, January 1, 2009

New additions to my kitchen

I must have been a good girl this year because Santa, my parents, Ryan and his parents damn near spoiled me with awesome gifts - a lot of which had to do with the kitchen.
My old colander was a nasty piece of white plastic that has been with me since I first started living on my own and is melted in some places where it had a close encounter with a hot stove. This one - picked out by Ryan - is so freakin' AWESOME.

The undercounter radio/CD player was Ryan's idea and was gifted to us by his folks, Ron and Gloria. It's very awesome - I made chicken soup to the sounds of Simon & Garfunkel and Ryan listens to public radio while he's cleaning in the kitchen. It is the coolest thing EVER.


I also got a ton of cookbooks this year - "Giada's Kitchen" by Giada DeLaurentiis and a bunch of Taste of Home speciality cookbooks. People must think that I'm obsessed with cooking or something. :)

1/3/09 - Update ... Ryan corrected me - the colander was picked out by his mom. She has fabulous taste as you can tell. :)

1 comment:

Deb said...

OOoooo, I LOVE that colander. Mine is still an old white plastic one - no melted spots....yet. But, yes, I've had it for 10 years. :) I'll be coming to your house to 'strain' things. :) And that radio is AWESOME! I think that's a great idea.