Pages

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

White Chocolate Lime Cookies


I made these for the bachelorette/family weekend extraordinare and found these to be a neat alternative to regular chocolate chip cookies. Hubby's only complaint was that he couldn't taste the line, so I'd increase the zest a bit. I also only used about 1/2 of the white chocolate specified ... I don't like a lot of chocolate in my cookies. Odd, I know.


White Chocolate Lime Cookies
from Technicolor Kitchen

1 cup unsalted butter, softened
¾ cup sugar
¾ cup light brown sugar, packed
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 ½ teaspoons lime juice
1 tablespoon lime zest
2 ½ cups all-purpose flour (**I increased the flour by about a 1/4 cup because my cookies spread something fierce in the oven.)
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
12oz white chocolate chips/chunks

Preheat oven to 350ºF; line two large baking sheets with parchment/baking paper.

In a large mixing bowl beat sugar, brown sugar and butter until combined but not fluffy.
Add eggs one, at a time, then add vanilla, lime juice and lime zest. Mix to combine.
Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix into creamed mixture until just combined. Fold in the white chocolate chips/chunks.

Shape the dough into 1 inch balls and place 2 in apart on prepared baking sheets. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the edges are golden and the centers are just set – mine needed 15 minutes.
Allow to sit on the pan for three minutes before moving to wire racks.

Makes 5 dozen cookies.

No comments: